1. For the purposes of these terms and conditions when we say “Three”, “we”, “us” and “our” we mean Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited of 28-29 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2. When we say “you”, “your” or “customer” we mean you, our customer, who is using the 3 Plus service.
2. If you would like Three to send you marketing messages from time to time about offers available from third parties (the “3Extra Service”) then you must agree and keep to the terms set out below. By registering for the 3Extra Service you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any of the terms set out below please do not register for the 3Extra Service. You can opt-out of the 3 Extra Service (or elements of the 3Extra Service) without cost via SMS and in other ways we make available. Opting out is straightforward so please see www.three.ie or call Customer Care for further details on how to opt-out.
3. The 3Extra Service is open to Three customers and customers of our group companies based in the Republic of Ireland who are aged 16 years or over on the date of registration for the 3Extra Service. Some marketing messages and offers are only available to users aged 18 years or over (we will tell you when this is the case).
4. You confirm to us that all information provided by you is accurate and you agree that we have the right to verify your eligibility to use the 3Extra Service.
5. Additional terms and eligibility criteria apply from time to time before you can be sent certain marketing messages and offers. Please check the ‘3Extra’ section of www.three.ie for details on additional terms and eligibility criteria.
6. The marketing messages about third party offers which are sent to you as part of the 3Extra Service are subject to terms and conditions which our third party marketing partners require you to agree to if you want to redeem or use a relevant offer. Any conditions on how you redeem or make use of an offer are a matter between you and the third party partner. You must deal directly with the third party partner who is providing you with the offer and any dealings are a matter between the two of you.
7. Charges may apply if you receive a message from the 3Extra Service that offers you the opportunity to browse the internet or make a call to learn more. These charges will be increased if you do this when you are travelling abroad.
8. The offers sent to you as part of the 3Extra Service can only be selected and used in the ways allowed by the third party marketing partner who makes the offer available to you and cannot be used with any other vouchers or promotions or be exchanged for cash or any other rewards.
9. You may have a limited period of time to redeem or use some of the offers sent to you and some of the offers may only be available to redeem or use before specific dates. We will not be responsible if your request for a particular offer is not completed correctly by you or is not received by a third party marketing partner in the ways generally allowed by the third party marketing partner.
10. We reserve the right to make changes to the 3Extra Service or to discontinue any aspect or feature of the 3Extra without notice to users. We may modify or withdraw the 3Extra Service or elements of the 3Extra Services at any time. If we change these terms to your significant disadvantage we will notify you.
11. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time for reasonable commercial or operational reasons. Your continued use of the 3Extra Service will be deemed to be acceptance of the amended terms and conditions which will be posted on www.three.ie.
12. Any use of the 3Extra Service by you is, to the fullest extent allowed, on an "as is" and an "as available" basis. You agree and accept that the 3Extra Service is not a fault-free service and is for your own personal use and will not be used for commercial purposes.
13. Links to third party websites and companies may appear on messages you receive as part of the 3Extra Service. Such third party websites are not the responsibility of Three and we do not accept responsibility for the availability, suitability, reliability or content of such third party websites.
14. Any use of the 3Extra Service is at your own risk and in no event will we be responsible for any loss of income, loss of use of the 3Extra Service, lost business or missed opportunities or any loss that is not directly caused by us or which we could not reasonably expect at the time we entered into this agreement with you. We will not be responsible to you if we cannot provide the 3Extra Service because of something outside of our reasonable control.
15. The 3Extra Service and features within the 3Extra Service may be protected by intellectual property rights belonging to Three, its licensors or to third parties. No license is granted to you in respect of any such rights, except to the extent required for your personal use of the 3Extra Service in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. We both agree to bring any legal actions about the 3Extra Service in an Irish court.
17. The promoter is: Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited of 28/29 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Docklands, Dublin 2 Ireland.
This policy explains how Three Ireland (Hutchison) Limited of 28-29 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2 (“Three” or “we”), as the data controller of your personal data, processes any personal data provided by or about you when you use the 3Extra Service.
1. Information we collect and process: When you register for and use the 3Extra Service we, our group companies and any third parties engaged by us to help us to provide you with the 3Extra Service will process and use the following data and information: (a) your registration details; (b) information relating to how and when you use our telecommunications network when you make and receive communications and send and receive messages; (c) information on the device you use; (d) information relating to how you use the 3Extra Service; (e) information about the geographic location of your mobile device (i.e. your location data).
2. Purpose: For as long as you are registered for the 3Extra Service we and our group companies will use and analyse this data and information for the following purposes: a) Contacting you via SMS, MMS, email, phone and post to deliver the 3Extra Service. b) Determining the most relevant marketing messages to send you about third party offers. c) Better understanding your 3Extra Service usage habits and to improve our services. d) Providing you with information and updates about the 3Extra Service. e) Providing customer services in relation to the 3Extra Service.
3. Location data: We use information about the geographic location of your mobile device (i.e. your location data) to better understand your interests. For example, information indicating your approximate geographic location while making or receiving a call can be used to indicate whether you have visited music or sporting events. In addition, certain messages we send to you as part of the 3Extra Service may be location specific i.e. we will use your device’s real-time location in order to send you a tailored message. This information will be processed for so long as is required to provide you with the 3Extra Service. Your location data is not made available to third parties.
4. Mobile phone behavioural usage data: We process information on how and when you use your mobile phone (i.e. behavioural data) in order to provide the 3Extra Service to you. For example, this may include the usage levels of your registered services, including average monthly usage of service, frequently called numbers or frequently browsed websites on your device. This information will be processed for so long as is required to provide you with the 3Extra Service.
6. Opt out: You may at any time opt out of 3Extra Services free of charge by sending "STOP" to 50407 via SMS. It can take up to one week to opt out of 3Extra from the time you send the SMS. You will receive a text message to confirm when your request to opt out has been processed. Where you opt out of the 3Extra Service you will still be opted in to receive other marketing messages from Three based on your marketing preferences and membership of other programmes.